Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Goodbye And Nothing More

My mind was humming a tune as I woke up this morning. It was actually that R&B hit by Mariah Carey "Bye Bye." I really don't know why but I think I need to say goodbye to someone from my past. There's no doubt that the song was nice. Its lyrics were very endearing. It reminded me of the song "one Sweet Day," which also one of the benchmark singles of Mariah Carey with Boyz II Men. I just hope I can see "Bye Bye" at the the peak of US Billboard in the coming weeks.

So, when I arrived at the office, I immediately search for other "Bye Bye" songs in YouTube. Luckily, I found this awesome single by my babe, Alicia Keys. The title of the song is "Goodbye." Listening to it was such a WOW, it stirs my emo system right in the glow.



Now, I'll post the lyrics here.

How do you love someone
That hurts you oh so bad
With intentions good
Was all he ever had


Yeah, everyone goes through it. Once in my life, I love someone who I only think is my close friend. But as time goes by, I've realized that I can love her more than what I expected.

But how do I let go when I've
Loved him for so long and I've
Given him all that I could
Maybe love is a hopeless crime
Giving up what seems your lifetime
What went wrong with something once so good


But how could you love someone who can't love you back? It smashes your ego like a wheezing hurricane. I really don't know what went wrong when it feels so right. I might lose the race, give up the fight but she's still my good friend no matter what.
(sweet lemon)

How do you find the words to say
To say goodbye
If your heart don't have the heart to say
To say goodbye

I know now I was naïve
Never knew where this would lead
And I'm not trying to take away
From the good man that he is


She is a beautiful girl. A nice simple girl with a sporty and driven personality. Until now, I still couldn't believe that way back in elementary and high school we're close friends. In college, we're textmates. I was just a BIG stupid to understand that she's more than a friend to me.

But how do I let go when I've
Loved him for so long and I've
Given him all that I could
Was it something wrong that we did
Because others infiltrated

What went wrong with something once so good


Unluckily, life is simply unfair no matter how you try. It revolves around the pieces of mysterious fragments. All love stories must come to an end not only because it hurts but also because it's for your own good and for some people involved.

How do you find the words to say
To say goodbye
If your heart don't have the heart to say
To say goodbye


Is this the end are you sure
How should you know when you've never been here before
It's so hard to just let go
When this is the one and only love I've ever known


Time heals everything and there's always a time to say goodbye. I don't know why I need to say goodbye or was it simply about a hopeless fate? Geez, I want to puke talking about fate. lol

So how do you find the words to say
To say goodbye
If your heart don't have the heart to say
To say goodbye


Maybe, maybe not. Words are not enough. No one has the right to say anything against me or her. It's simply goodbye, nothing more.

No comments: