Sunday, November 30, 2008

SurvivorDean's Year-End Countdown

December again and every December comes my year-end countdown!

Since 2002, it has been my crazy routine to rank my hit-winning singles of the year, just like MTV.

I'm a R&B addict so my year-end countdown seems bias to this genre but there are still few alternative and pop genre in the list.

2002 SurvivorDean Year-End Countdown


2002 was a good year. I was in first year college that time and there were plenty of good R&B here and there. Luckily, there were still two non-RnB songs that made it on my list.

5) Complicated - Avril Lavigne

4) Wherever you will go- The Calling

3) Ain't It Funny (Remix)- Jennifer Lopez ft. Ja Rule

2) I Need A Girl- P. Diddy ft. Usher and Loon

1) Hot In Herre- Nelly
Nelly's debut single from his album "Nellyville" was a total fly. The music video was also hot, do I need to ask for more?


2003 SurvivorDean Year-End Countdown



5) In the Club- 50 Cent

4) Ignition (Remix)- R. Kelly

3) All I Have- Jennifer Lopez ft. LL Cool J

2) Perfect- Simple Plan

1) If You're Not The One- Daniel Bedingfield
This emotional-driven song is one of the bests of all-time. The lyrics were powerful Every time I hear it, I can only remember just one person. For this, I consider this song a depressing one especially if you are brokenhearted.

2004 SurvivorDean Year-End Countdown



5) Milkshake- Kelis

4) I Don't Wanna Know - Mario Winnans

3) If I Ain't Got You- Alicia Keys

2) Yeah- Usher

1) My Boo- Usher ft. Alicia Keys
Year 2004 was a huge year for R&B! Five not-easily-forgotten songs made it on my list and wow, my number 1 was sizzling HOT.

2005 SurvivorDean Year-End Countdown
I was completely busy with studies in 2005. I didn't have to listen to radio or in MTV. For this, only three songs rocks me up.

3) Candyshop- 50 Cent

2) Unbreakable- Alicia Keys

1) More Than Words- Frankie J.

2006 SurvivorDean Year-End Countdown


5) I Call It Love- Lionel Ritchie

4) Gallery- Mario Vasquez

3) Sexy Back- Justin Timberlake

2) Promiscuous- Nelly Furtado ft. Timbaland

1) So Sick- Neyo
The first time I hear this song, I know it will be a hit. Neyo was a great composer who can also articulate what other nice guys wants to say.

2007 SurvivorDean Year-End Countdown

5) No One- Alicia Keys

4) Do You- Neyo

3) Apologize- Timbaland ft. One Republic

2) What Goes Around Comes Around- Justin Timberlake

1) Wait For You- Elliot Yamin
2007 was an emotional year for me and I was behaving like an idiot. This is probably the reason why I love this song by Yamin. The first time I listen to the message, it breaks my ego. Wow! how cheesy that is!

Who will be on my top list this year? Many superstars are back in the spotlight this year such as Usher, Neyo, John Legend, Rihanna, Beyonce and this will be a hell of fun.

Just wait and see...

Photos courtesy of:
www.people.com
www.mtv.com

No comments: