Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Love Your Girl As You Love Your Ego!

Forget the chauvinistic side of you!

After listening to Beyonce's IF I WERE A BOY, there were intangible pieces of truth that fill the empty spaces inside me.

Confusion devoured me after someone told me this line "Can We Just Be Friends?"

Yeah, I felt very weak that time as if my world cut into fragments of depression. I immediately thought she told me that because I'm not the type of man who can satisfy her standards.

But I was somehow wrong!


Lyrics | Beyonce - If I Were A Boy lyrics

After listening to this song, I realized it was not really easy to be a girl. If it's too difficult to be a man because you are regularly holding back your emotions, what's more if you are a woman. A woman's life is filled with courageous vulnerability.

They can say they are always superwoman. They can always say they have the power over men but truth is, there are times they wish they can be on our shoes just to UNDERSTAND how we think, how we feel and how we see them.

In fact, girls can only be confusing because of their body mechanisms. They are hormonal and they can come to a point that they just couldn't control their emotions.

If men hates to be emotional, do you think women also want to be very emotional too? I don't know but one thing I'm sure about, women have certain lifestyle men needs to understand.

For instance, men likes to give advices but women doesn't necessarily need it. In many cases, women only want someone to talk to. It doesn't mean we are great in giving advices in all sorts of life, women has no power to equal our intelligence.

Thinking of this, I learned to hate Filipino culture. Women are still considered the second-rate citizens in Philippines. Some Filipino men only perceived them as a sex object you can always take advantage of.

Even the Christian Bible, it was Eve who ate the fruit of life and the reason behind why the world is so sinful.

Even myself, I also grew up in a family where I was taught to think that only girls do cry. As I am growing up to be an adult, I realized that this belief was all crap.

Men and women are entirely different in terms of physiology, intelligence, spirituality, etc. We have different lifestyle and hobbies but whether we like it or not, men and women are all humans.

Although we differ in many ways, we can still choose to understand our strengths and weaknesses as we go through the roadblocks of life.

Many people say this is the most secret ingredient in happy and romantic relationship.

Truth is, there is no such thing as love. Love is perception and it's oftentimes an irrational feeling but no matter what I scientifically believed, when a man's strength is a woman's weakness and what's a man's weakness is the woman's strength, I see no reasons why there's no miracle that can exist.

I'm not an experienced lover or a player. Call me a goofy nerd for this but whatever you say, I still need to protect my ego and I will no longer use my pride for my advantage just to meet the woman of my dreams.

Once is enough. I get hurt. My ego was crashed and I felt patronized.

If you ask me if I'm still in love with the girl that knocks off my feet, the answer is I don't know.

Just like in the song:

"It's a little too late for you to come back
Say it's just a mistake,
Think I'd forgive you like that
If you thought I would wait for you
You thought wrong"


If I can't love her just the way I wanted to, it's not yet the end of the world for me. We're FRIENDS in the past and this can be our present and future.

A girl wants distance and distance doesn't mean you're giving up your friendship.

It Hurts.

It Frustrates.

It's also wrong for me to move on and just look for another girl just to satisfy what other people want me to do.

That's compensation and it's not logical thing to do.

Girls are not rehabilitation centers who got the super ability to boost your self-image.

Being single is not a weakness and who knows, another door will open for me tomorrow, next week, next year, next decade....

Thanks for the song and these priceless insights pop in my head and also, teaches me to understand women the smoother way!

To watch the video of Beyonce's "If I were A Boy," visit YouTube

This single is a soul ballad and Wikipedia calls it "...the kind of all-encompassing song that exudes the fragrance of a Grammy Award nod."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a VERY melodramatic post. haha