Thursday, February 19, 2009

Can't Survive To Serena


She did whatever she can but she couldn't pull it... and yeah, Ana Ivanovic was again maimed by the World Seed Number 1, Serena Williams, during their Quarterfinal clash on Thursday night at Dubai. But it's OK, the final score wasn't disappointing (6-4, 6-4) and it was already a a nice leap compared to the last time they played in Flushing Meadows.

In fact, Ana Ivanovic was in 4-1 lead in the second set but Serena Williams fought impressively to stop a third set encounter. This was already a rewarding achievement for the 21-year-old Serb and for this, she received great remarks from the Australian Open 2009 Champion,



"I thought she hit really, really hard and that was her whole game, to go for broke. I like it when people come to the net against me, and when I play her next I’ll know what to expect a bit more. I was feeling a little tired and the next thing I knew I was down 0-3 and I thought I’d just have to pull it together."

The world is praying for Ana Ivanovic's magical overall form who can control her mental pressure when she again faces Serena on March 2 at BNP Paribas Showdown, an exhibition in Madison Garden that also features Venus Williams and Jelena Jankovic.



Photos courtesy of:
http://tenniswta.blogspot.com

No comments: