Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Losing A Mom.....

I was somehow shock when I received an instant message from our HR assistant head informing us that our clerk's 82-year-old mother passed away because of colon cancer. It's a tough reality! That only proves that cancer is a real nemesis of the human race. Once you got it, there's no way out.

Like my mom, she died of stomach cancer when she's only thirty-eight. Literally, I grew up without my mom on my side. I grew up in a home without those words of inspiration from a mother. I never had those regular hugs and kisses whenever I felt empty and blue.

It's been sixteen years since my mom passed away but until now, I still regret why I didn't bid goodbye to her during her last hours of breath. The moment when I realized that losing a mom produces a cascading patterns of devastation injected inside your unconscious till you grow old.

Sometimes, I simply think that I am always waiting for that girl of my dreams who can complete the missing piece of me not only because I'm in love but metaphorically because I will always bring this "mother fixation instinct" I can't free myself from.

No comments: