Friday, June 20, 2008

Looks Like I Need Some Dental Help Here....


Today, I have my dentist's check up. First time in years. The last time I had my dental was when I was still in high school. Geez, that was a long time ago. Come on, folks! Dental care is so expensive and I couldn't afford it before.

Now that I'm working, dentist appointment should be in my priority list. Having a good dental hygiene makes you even hotter, as they say. Truth is, I am really disappointed with the doctor's diagnosis. He's like telling me that I got a very screwing mouth and you need to rip it off, (just joking).

During the check up. I discovered that I need four "tooth filing" and two very worn out teeth and needs to be removed. Oh geez, I'm not afraid of those dental procedures. I've been there before and it was a nice experience, however, what I'm really afraid of is the cost.

Think about this! The minimum cost for tooth filing or pasta in vernacular is 400 pesos. That means if I need four "tooth filing," that cost 1,600 pesos. Whoa! That's already our electric monthly bill at home.

Looks like I need an insurance here. I thought of converting my PhilHealth's or SSS hospitalization coverage into Dental Care but I don't know if that's possible. I'll better ask my office HR-admin for those matters. I'm also thinking if I can avail of the discounts. I asked my dentist about the discount and maybe, in the long run, I can take advantage of that deal.

I wish I have a disability insurance that would cover my dental expenses. It really sucks to have a toothache. This week, my upper left and right teeth is somehow screwing me. That's because my allergic rhinitis is on at its peak again. My dentist informed me that if one has an allergic rhinitis, the inflamed sinuses inside the nose can cause toothache. Screw my rhinitis!

What should I do? I know there's a solution for this problem but what. SurvivorDean is not really a survivor without his teeth.

No comments: