Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My Laughing Syndrome


I don't take life seriously although my life seems a mess. I am handicap with an impaired nervous system. My immune system is weak, that's why, I got sick regularly. I have an allergic rhinitis. There are times that I will just sneeze and sneeze and I can't do anything about it. My family is pressuring me at times. My mother died of cancer and until now, I don't even know if my dad is proud of me. Last year, I was diagnosed with respiratory problems without any apparent cause, that's why, I need to leave work for three months for my recovery. Thank God, I survived that disaster.

Those personal experiences suck. My life is a real mess, right? But still, I don't take life life seriously. To me, laughter is always the best medicine no matter what. This is the reason why I laugh out loud all the time. Whenever you see, you may say that I am a happy person. You're right, I smile and I laugh simply because this is the only way to suppress all my worries and anxieties in life. There's no reason why I should refrain myself from laughing. Truth is, a nervous laugh is way better than wearing a lonely and superficial smile on your face.

I am really tired of being lonely. Last year, I was really broke. My ego was crashed, damaged and mauled by my own fate. Geez, I want to puke remembering that moment. That time was another different version of me. SurvivorDean is not like that. He's too fly to be depressed, LOL!

Life is unfair but it doesn't mean that you can't no longer laugh. Laughing seems to be the most effective therapy to ease the innermost burden inside one's subconscious. Even the great and controversial Sigmund Freud claimed that laughing "releases tension and "psychic energy." That means, laughing can be the most effective coping mechanism against depression. I agree, why waste your time being melancholy and be too critical of your friends when you can just laugh out loud? Come on, folks! Life is too short for drama.

I read on Wikipedia that there is this condition refer to as "Abnormal Laughters." Whoa! Am I like that? I am not sure. Maybe. Maybe not. Abnormal laughters are produced only when you have a brain tumor and multiple sclerosis. I was only diagnosed with viral encephalitis when I was five and until now, I am not aware if there are screwing matters inside my brain. That was last week probably, I watched that laughing syndrome case in Grey's Anatomy and unfortunately, that person died after the brain surgery. Oh geez!

Like I said, laughing is good. Laughing out loud might sound insane but do you know that you're also releasing endorphins when you laugh out loud? Endorphins are not only released when you're having sex. Sex is good but laughing is better. No need to buy condoms. No one will get pregnant when you laugh. Just be ready when everyone will stare at you with an Oh-Dude-You're-Nuts-Look in their forehead. This is probably the reason why laughing seems contagious.

Bottomline is, laughing protects your ego from harmful rays of reality. Most importantly, it is one of those best things in life that is absolutely free.

Why not laugh out loud, amigos, if reality tells us that no one gets out of life alive?

No comments: